Recently I've been blown away with some amazing mellow touring. Normally I don't like going to the same place day after day but this close to town drainage has kept me interested for the past 3 days in a row. It has been paradise for the following reasons:
1. The trailhead is 10 mins from my house.
2. We felt safe going there during this time of higher avy danger
3. 1000' of luge track skinning at the start keeps the crowds away
4. Total vert gain is 4200'
5. The Valley air has been clean
6. Someone put in a PERFECT skinner in
-All corners are at right angles
-Never too steep
7. Amazing rimed trees above 7500'
8. The snow is fast, uniform, dense powder
|Self portrait with Triangle Peak in the background|
|Where in the Wastach does the skinner look like this?|
|Yesterdays tracks with Tom Goth|