Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Vallee Blanche

Tom, Dom, Amanda and I had a coulple extra days to play tourist and explore a little.  On our last day of sunshine we decided to ride the lift to the top of the Aiguille Du Midi.  It's about a 9000' ride and ends on top of an impressive spire with amzing views of Mont Blanc and the rest of Chamonix Valley.  We hung out for a while on the observation decks, took a few photos, and then Tom and I left our women and skied out the classic Vallee Blanche.  It was incredible.  Nice mellow skiing through some pretty amazing terrain.  After, the women "shredded Cham."  Yep, they're extreme skiers now.  Here are a  few pics from the day.

 Cunningham Couloir
Monte Bianco.  I think I liked the Italians more than the French so now I'll call it Monte Bianco.
The Chileans wanted a photo with a skier
Tom in the upper Vallee Blanche
Tom and Ice
Half of the team skied the Vallee Blanche with Glen Plake.  We joined for a second, here are the Simmons and Plake about to get rad.


Taken on the way back to Martigny from Chamonix

1 comment:

  1. The pic with the Chileans is my fav...the others are "alright".

    ReplyDelete